Friday, November 12, 2010

Doctrine and Donnie

11/1/10


Baton Rouge


Sitting here at the old truck stop under the bridge (US 190 just across from Baton Rouge, where I stopped some years ago and have since always retended....and this is indeed be one of the hardest to get into places I've hardly into'd.) (Oh, and, it must make you feel good to sit there and say these aren't correctors..they are correctedees...as if English was a scientific language. They may not be correct yet, is all you can say. Yet or any more but no more..) but yes sitting here having been unable to weigh..the old Black woman on duty who comes on hard for some old reason..I called her on the intercom, she asked form my truck number, I said so. She came back with "come back?" I did it. Then sat there for a minute or more, nothing more from her and I got to wondering, did she say "come in?" which is what they always say... so I went ahead and began pulling off and now, now I hear her barking after me over the intercom. I parked, walked over there and went in and she comes on hard again "I DIDN'T GET YOU." I misplace it. "WHAT????" She rattles off some number, an error code or whatnot, I walked not unto her any more but back to my truck. B'l'long.


But yes Jimmy Swaggert and corporation are viably onair, mentioning about how once you're saved, you're saved and it's all about the Cross, so yes he is right there on the standard Republican Protestant dogma, doctrine, salvation via grace alone so it occurs to me: What was Jesus doing then, just making conversation?


Killing time?


Trying out a few one liners?


Oh yea, raising the bar.


Setting up my sarcasm?




Donnie is preaching das fier today...he is immature and caught up and angry...says when you get to heaven you aren't going to have to order a tape...but on second thought adds "But you should."


He's on a spitting rant now though, this he does well and is why I like him. There is something of a spectacle in it and I like spectacle, and I appreciate when someone is enthusiastic about what they even if they do nonsense.








Two hundred miles from Memphis


11/4/10 3:54 p.m., an  exit ramp north of Jackson MS where I just had a nice organic lunch -- Ezekial cereal, rice milk, sliced banana, raisin bread peanut butter sandwich, large orange, Columbian coffee mixed with a little Ethiopean...


Got a free internet signal a few minutes from a Holiday Inn...now it’s been shut off but had time to check my bank balance ($8,600) my email (no replies from KPFK or my congressgal nor not any) my Discover card (still a -.20 bal) and the front page of the The Nation (where some time ago I quit sending money to well to do Liberals so they can continue to ride around Manhattan in taxi cabs but were I’m still signed up until 2020 or 21 it appears)


I heard no mention of that a few miles back when listening to a bit of the old dead Marlon Maddux show Point of View, which with Marlon being dead has been taken over by other whackos who rail about the illegality of the income tax, and fundraising. Last I heard them they were fundraising by evoking homosexuality and the dead Marlon. Give us money so we can fight the homosexual agenda. Marlon would have wanted it that way, repeated over and over....


Well as I say 200 miles to Memphis...last day of TA double points -- I’ve built mine up to about $33 I think by exclusively fueling at TAs -- so I’ll be looking for any and all TAs to get any and all amounts of fuel. I’m at half tank so I can make Memphis and probably that TA up the Delta a ways, just north of the Missouri Line I believe it stands.




Beautious day. I’ve been in the mid 70s with sunshine so far. I’ve been getting mostly bypasses at scales but there’s one coming out of Louisiana on I-55 with no prepass. Pulled in there and was stopped on the scales. Sat there several long seconds while I presume they looked over my load securement. Got the green light to move on without comment. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment