Sunday, December 25, 2011

Blogomania

I finally found the motivation to export the content from my Blogger blog to my Wordpress blog. It's very easy, once you know how to do it, which is the same thing my ex wife told me on our wedding night.

I have always written all my posts except for a couple in the Blogger blog. I started a Wordpress blog but never got around to learning how to use it.

There are a couple of ways to export/import a blog. The process I used involves converting the Blogger blog to a html file, which is the same thing you'd do to save the contents of your blog. I saved that to my hard drive. The Wordpress blog is set up to import a file like that. All you do is, from your dashboard, find the html file on your computer and let it import it.

It transferred all the pictures, comments, everything. It made posts that look different, but they look pretty good.

I don't know how to transfer new posts individually. It could be that I have to import the entire blog each time. I just don't know.

There were more than 200 posts at the Blogger blog. Hopefully anyone who is subscribed to the Wordpress blog didn't get more than 200 emails notifying them of new posts. If they did, I apologize. In order to prevent that from happening I will post to each blog separately for the time being, until I know what I'm doing. Hopefully things will go well, unlike my wedding night.

http://bubbamuntzer.blogspot.com/

http://bubbamuntzer.wordpress.com/




.

No comments:

Post a Comment