Sunday, June 9, 2013

Your Choice

"It's important to recognize that you can't have 100 percent security and also then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience," Obama said. "We're going to have to make some choices as a society."

No, Obama, you and Bush already made the choices. I never agreed to give up any freedom for security. I've never even seen a terrorist, and if I did I wouldn't give up what makes America America. I wasn't insecure at all. No one I know was, but you and the media keep trying to scare us all into thinking we're insecure so you can implement your goddamn national security police state. And you want to do it in secret, without telling us or asking us or even admitting that we have the right to know about it.


Like millions of Americans, I'm thousands of times more likely to be killed by a local cop that I am by a terrorist. Like them, I'm one paycheck away from financial ruin, from having a bank and some local sheriff deputies get together and throw me out of my house. I could be laid off tomorrow. I could get to retirement and find out you've finally succeeded in doing away with my retirement and health care benefits. These are real, actual, sources of insecurity for Americans, not ones you manufacture, and you not only don't do a damn thing about them, you do the opposite.

You keep saying that congress has been briefed about your spying, that some secret court knows about it. So what? That has nothing to do with whether it's right or wrong. That changes nothing. I wasn't briefed. 330 million Americans weren't briefed. It's government of, by and for the people, and you, a few congress members, and a few judges aren't the people. Get it? Obama.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment