Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gloom, Despair, and Hilarity

The Sunday paper says the jobs being created are mainly part time, and those that aren't are low paying. Before I put Saturday's paper in the recycling pile I noticed a story that says hiring is at a four month low, and hourly wages are down.

I go to the computer and click on an article that begins: "Do you think that, as a society, the United States has become a basket case? Well, join the club. I'm not just thinking of the country's dysfunctional Congress, pathological infatuation with firearms, addiction to litigation, crazy healthcare arrangements, engorged prison system, chronic inequality, 50-year-old military-industrial complex and out-of-control security services."

I'm only on the web because I can't seem to find the motivation to get out the door with six weeks worth of dirty laundry, and I only got that together because doing the books and trying to figure out regulations for my trucking business were bringing on waves of horror and panic.



Then I saw a notice about a protest against the NSA on Facebook, and someone had left this comment:

"We shouldn't be protesting them, they should simply change the way they operate. I'm not anti-gun by any means.. and the constitution does guarantee the people the right to be armed... but the NRA takes it a little bit too far, IMO. We could, rather than go to the other extreme, simply alter their course and bring them back toward reality."

One person so far likes the comment.




1 comment:

  1. In the words of 30 Rock, "You can't outcrazy the crazy."

    ReplyDelete