Friday, May 16, 2014

Chicago

Updated below

My brothers and sisters and I are all Chicago to be with Mom, Agnes Conway, who's having bypass surgery today at the University of Chicago Medical Center. We all spent the night together at a hotel near the hospital because Mom had a 5:30 a.m. check in time.

If I can figure out how to post pictures from my iPhone I have some of the family, who I haven't seen for a long time, and there's a nice view of the iconic Chicago downtown from the seventh floor waiting area here at U of C.

Update

Mom went through Friday's surgery fine -- a double bypass with repair to an aneurysm -- and is recovering rapidly. She'll be out of the Intensive Care Unit tomorrow. This picture of Mom and all of us who made the trip was taken just before her surgery. An employee of the hospital took it with brother Bob's camera. Mom lives in New Buffalo, MI, which is across the bottom of Lake Michigan from Chicago, about 65 miles by road. New Buffalo is also where I grew up. All the other kids live there or within 40 miles. From left, Ryan, son of sister Jackie, who is next, me, Bill, Mom, Sandy and Bob.



x









No comments:

Post a Comment